Background

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Four Walls

***On a side-note before I begin...
Yesterday's post was something I felt driven to write.
Then last night I was upset I had posted it.
Why?  I couldn't pinpoint.
I almost deleted it.
Then this morning I had a comment from Anonymous.
It was then I realized "Old Scratch" wanted it deleted.
THANKS Anonymous and all of you who commented!
It's been a good lesson learned, mostly about my pride.
Love you all!!
---------------------------------------------------------
Okay, moving on...

I have lots of walls in this place I call
HOME
I like it here and I like my walls
because they hold my...


My favorite 4 walls
are in my
BEDROOM
not because of the way they look
but because I share the room
with a very handsome fellow
who lets me put my cold feet on him
at night.


Next would be the walls in our
FAMILY Room
for obvious reasons...
our family.


After that, would be the walls in our
KITCHEN
because well,
it's connected to the
Family Room...
thus the family thing again.

Then the walls in our
FRONT Room
because that's where I go when I need to think, ponder
and find answers.



And the walls in our
ENTRY 
because when I go there
it means someone is
coming to see us.

Of course the walls in
TYSON'S Room
I go in there when
I miss him,
which is alot.


And the walls in the
BATHROOM
well because, seriously,
those walls are a
necessity.

And the walls in our Master
BATHROOM
none of which,
contain a door
(Drives Grandpa Hutch crazy!)


We also have walls in our
HALLWAY
where our
children stare at us
and George Washington
reminds us to pray.




We have lots of
walls
probably a few more than
four.

We love all of them.







All except for the one that is...

The BANE of my EXISTENCE !!
It's the only room with absolutely nothing on the walls.

It's Hummer's Room
and in case you were wondering, Hummer is
not happy
about it and quite frankly,
neither am I.

But in my defense,
it was decorated UNTIL he demanded the removal
of the futon couch/bunkbed.

But in Dillon's defense,
the bed was a little hard.



Now, for the last few weeks I've been preaching...

But enough already!!!
Life has got to step aside
so we can execute our plan!

A blueprint of
the wall
has been drawn up.
(Is that normal?)

This handy fellow has patched the wall...
(Because it used to be decorated ... really!)
The handy fellow PROMISED
to paint this weekend...
and he's not a liar!



Note that the blueprint is going to
take some time to execute
but, don't fret, I'm on it!

So we're putting LIFE on hold until it's done
because, well...
Hummer deserves it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always want to leave a comment, but as your mom, I'm probably just a little prejudice, so hesitate due to the fact I admire everything you write and would always have something wonderful to say. But today, I will leave one just the same. You see, I have always known what a special person you were from the day you were born. I don't want to embarrass you so that is all I will say. Nothing has may me happier that you are blogging again. You will never know how many times over the last several months I've clicked to your blog only to find nothing!! They brighten my day and always give me a laugh or a cry. Thank you for being my daughter. I love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to comment on the subject. I love walls also!! They say so much about who you are and how you feel about life. I can't wait to see Hummer's. I can't image what part of his many personalities you will narrow in on, what a job. Call been when you unveil the finished result! Love ya, MOM

Teresa said...

So you must have walked and drank water, right, 'cuz you're posting again, which I love! Your home is so beautifully decorated! I can't wait to see what you do with his wall. And now you have to, because you posted about it, right?

Anonymous said...

I totally understand posting something (or saying something for that matter) and wishing I hadn't. Some things are rather personal and not easy to share. But I'm so glad you did.
I hope you don't mind me remaining "anonymous". I wasn't going to comment yesterday if not for that option. After reading today's post, I am so glad I did. You are an amazing woman, and someone I truly admire. Thank you for being you!

Em said...

When you finish Hummer's walls....can you come and fix some of mine! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with for Hummer's walls! It will be magnanimous I am sure!