Background

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Hidden Arsenal

When the man I love and adore left this morning
he asked me what I was planning on doing today.
I told him my only goal was to blog something.
He told me that was a worthy goal.
That was 5 hours ago.

Here I sit ...
STARING
(yeah, I didn't have a picture of me staring but this little man stares at me alot so I thought I'd use him for an example of how I look today,
except I'm not as cute.)

Anyway...
I've got nothing to write ...
I've got nothing to say ...
I've lost my blogging confidence.


Yet I really want to blog because some 
CRAZY & DISTURBING
things have been happening with the 15 year old boy
who lives here (a.k.a "Hummer" ... a.k.a "Dillon")
 at least I think they've been happening ...


The quarterback on the football team is bullying Hummer.  He grabs him and smashes his face and picks him up and squeezes him until he can't breathe.  


Hummer tries to hide where he can't be found.  One day he found safety in this little tiny hole, but alas the Bully found him.


That was the day the Bully tried to feed Hummer to a giant, man-eating spider.  The quarterback may go to jail.

It was that same day Hummer sped through the parking lot trying to get away ... and now he might go to jail  because he ran over one of his classmates!  Oh great ... he'll be in jail with the Bully!

Hummer knew he'd have to hire a lawyer so to "raise" the money, he gathered some friends together and they robbed Handy Corner!  On their way out, they grabbed an Icee.


The Icee left Humm with a brain-freeze, causing him to throw caution to the wind, causing him to forget he's a man, causing him to become a CHEERLEADER.


When Hummer realized he'd lost his "man card", he was crushed.  The only thing left to do was wallow in self-pity, on the floor, in the beer isle.

His friends were becoming worried.  They tried to rescue him but he jumped on his horse to make a quick escape.  But alas, he was out of quarters (LOL!).


It was at that point Hummer resorted to his
tumbling abilities,
trying to cartwheel away, but his friends followed.



Finally they were able to
stop him and they gathered
around to pray.



Then they picked him up and
carried him safely home.


After that,
he and the Bully
walked hand in hand
and lived
Happily Ever After.




The End.



Can you believe that?!
Well, you shouldn't.
I lied.

See I'm a liar because I've lost my blogging confidence 
and not only that, I drug all these cutie teenagers into my
Den of Deceit!

Okay, I'll repent but in doing so I'm going to have to
do what I promised I never would ...

I'm going to have to unveil my 
HIDDEN ARSENAL

Did I hear you say, "Your WHAT?"
You heard me right,
My Arsenal

It's my stash of perfectly written blog entries that were never published.

What?
You don't have one?
LOL!
Of course you don't.
Why I do, I don't know.

Anyway...
For my own therapy and to regain
my blogging confidence I will post something from my
hidden arsenal
day by day until I find my
voice once more.
(and because I didn't aspire to be a liar)


Oh and by the way...
These and whole slew of kiddos went on a PHOTO scavenger hunt one day, for no reason at all. Thus providing me with the ever-so-fabulous "lying pictures".  Oh to be young again!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OH Krista thanks for that. It was like the blogging equivalant of a Nora Roberts novel :) VERY entertaining and yet requiring very little brain power! Thanks for a relaxing light read!! I love your blog so get your confidence back!! :):):)

Taylor said...

Oh how I have missed your blogs! Thanks for this one, I laughed so hard. love you

Anonymous said...

Comments from Facebook ...

Jennifer Sparks O'Rarden: I always love your blog.

Carolynn Montgomery Hale: Thanks for the smile! Love to read your blog!

Hillary Hawker: That was way cute Krista! I have to get going on our blog again, I havent posted since Landon was born and so much has happened

Di said...

krista..what can I say? you are creative as ever! I must say very entertaining...just wait until you are 50! Did I just say that? Life is great...even if it is at 50!