Background

Monday, January 24, 2011

True Confessions

Confessions. Confessions. Confessions.
They FREE your soul.

I found that out when I confessed about my Christmas trees 
still being up on
January 12th
because the day I confessed was the day came down!

Confessing gives you courage to
MOVE ON!

With that said, here comes another confession ...

A few
years ago
I lost
80 pounds
yes,
EIGHTY
and it
felt
good!


However, there was a problem, I was
OUT OF CONTROL!

I had stopped eating
but I didn't care because
it felt good to be thin!
It felt good that is,
until my Stake President called me in.
He'd had an impression that I was in real
trouble.
You know, the not eating and all.

We talked and I knew he was right.
But I was afraid.
I had worked hard to gain my optimum weight of
104 pounds
OH.  MY.  GOODNESS.  GLORY.
How ridiculous is that?!

So I prayed...
CONFESSED my fears...
 and received an answer...

WALK
and
WATER

If I walked everyday and drank lots of water, all would
be well and it was until I let ...
LIFE take over.

For you see, my life was controlling me instead of me
controlling my life!

Soon the WALKING
and the WATER
became a thing of the past.

And sure enough ...
part of my fear returned.

But, starting today,
 I've decided to
take back
CONTROL of MY Life!

So I prayed...
Confessed my disappointment...
and received an answer...

WALK
and
WATER

and don't forget the
 REWARD
which (today) so happens to be what I LOVE to do ..

Well, take note...
I'm blogging
which means...
I WALKED.
It felt good.
I forgot it's a
gift to myself.

However, the one inch thick
dust on the treadmill was a little distracting.
Tomorrow maybe I'll clean it off before I begin.
See there's another confession for ya...
I don't dust every day!

And guess what else, the WALKING
and WATER
have nothing to do with
weighing 104 pounds again,
(NEVER goin' happen)
it has only has to do my
desire to be HAPPY!


True Confessions...
Beginning Again...
now that's FREEDOM!
(Don't forget WALKING and WATER though!)

11 comments:

Jolynn said...

I think it is more about being healthy instead of skinny. I gave up on the skinny because it is just not realistic for me. I just want to be healthy and feel good. Great article, thanks for the insight. Love ya
Aunt Jo

Teresa said...

I definitely feel happier on the days I exercise and eat right. Today, I feel great after 1 hour of kickboxing and 1 hour of yoga. Great stuff!

Unknown said...

Ya know I went through the same thing as a very young girl..It was hard to overcome it was scary and it is hard not to fall back on until you have courage it is great that the Stake Pres. was such an inspired man. Bravo for you. It is important to be happy and healthy keep that as your sight not a number it is something that takes time to learn isn't it. You are amazing!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what inspired you to post this today...but...

Natalie said...

Krista:

I know you know this already, but you are truly a beautiful person. I Have looked up to you since I was a very little girl. I remember getting cute little things from you "just because" And I always thought this is the type of person I want to be. Somebody who takes the time to give "just because". You amaze me still as I hear stories of things you have done, or read them on your blog. YOU.ARE.AMAZING! I honestly think you could be 700 pounds and still be one of the most beautiful women I know. Keep up the water and walking, because I have recently learned how essential these things can be for sanity! So, keep that sanity in check! I love you!
Natalie

Jolynn said...

Loren said that you look so much better now than you did then. That is coming from a man so I thought you might like to hear that. You are beautiful inside and out.

Rachel said...

I just had to comment here because I LOVE people who have the courage to confess and share these personal things about themselves. I have my own challenges...things that I can get extreme about if I'm not careful...I think we ALL have SOMETHING like that. Funny enough, my elliptical and lots of water help A LOT...even though my problems weren't really weight-related. It's amazing how much a healthy body and healthy spirit are tied together. :) I love you and thank you for sharing this.

Amanda said...

I love to read your insights. They inspire me to be a better mom and wife. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

Lacey Sue said...

Oh Krista- your my sister in so many ways. I am sure you know I struggled as a teen with anorexia and bulimia. I went from 166 to 99 lbs. in 6 months. It was scary for my family, and for me. But I made it through, and even overcame through Heavenly Fathers guidance, love, inspiration and strength. I loved this post....and I know it will inspire me to be more hopeful in all things!

Anonymous said...

I'm a different Anonymous, but this post was an answer to a prayer. Thank you for being in tune.

Anonymous said...

Jill McIntyre:

Krista, I got a little distracted at work this morning and decided to hit your family blog. Wow! You are a fabulous writer and story teller! What a complete treasure you are creating for yourself, your family and friends. I admire your talent and your desire to share and strengthen it. You are blessed and you bless others in a remarkable way.