Background

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Conversations with Aunt Krista

Taken from the "Hidden Arsenal"
Originally written:   March 3, 2010

Aunt Krista:  "How old are you E?"
(A smile comes across his little face)
Easton: "I'm 3 years old but on my birthday I'm goin' be 4. Then I'm goin' be 5 and when I'm 5 I'm going to kindergarten!"
Aunt Krista: "Really? Are you excited?"
(E shakes his head with much vigor)

Aunt Krista"What do you get to do when you turn 8?!"
(E drops his head and frowns)
Easton: "Be Baptized."
Aunt Krista: "Well, that will be great!"
Easton: "Nu-huh because I have to where my floaties when I get in the water."
Aunt Krista: "But by the time you're 8 you'll be big and can go in the water without your floaties. How old is Hunter?
Eatson: "He is 7. He gets baptized when he turns 8."
Aunt Krista: "See, he is big now. He's not afraid to get baptized. You won't be afraid when you're big either."
(E sits up & LOUDLY says)
Easton: "I'm not big!! I need my floaties!!"

(Sensing this is going nowhere good...)

Aunt Krista: "So E, how is your baby brother?"
(E smiles and vigorously
shakes his head)
Easton: "I'm a good BIG brother!"
Aunt Krista: 
"AWESOME! Want some ice cream?"

WHEW!!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

This is so funny...he is still afraid to be baptized, but Hunter was at that age too!!

Lacey Sue said...

HA! Braden says the exact same thing- and he is 4...these boys...they make me go gray!