Background

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I'm Hip!

When I was a 17 year old senior in high school
I was a pretty "Hip Chick"
Well, I thought I was still quite hip until a real-live
17 year old chick walked into my kitchen.

It had been an innocent morning...
  • I got up.
  • Walked on the treadmill.
  • Showered.
  • Did hair and make-up.
  • Then put on this "hip" outfit.

Okay, so maybe it
wasn't all that "hip"
but it was very comfortable
and very warm.
And since it's like
1000 degrees below zero,
those are my
priorities.
Then Hummer called.
"Can we come home and
have pancakes for lunch?"

Absolutely!

Well, in walked this...
She sparkled from
eyeball to toenail.
She looked adorable.

By the way, where does one buy sparkle eyeshadow?
FYI:  I asked this question and apparently the answer is "At the store!"  

Any who, Ally's SMILE
is what really makes
her adorable
but then all the sparkles...
well they induce a
double dose of adorable!
Well, suddenly I didn't feel
quite so "hip".
However, I did feel
happy because well,
teenage girls make me
feel that way.


I just wish they
didn't make my
teenage boys
feel the same way!!

Before I go, I might as well say it myself because I know
my 2 sons are going to say it...
"Mom, no one says 'HIP' anymore!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the mall krista has the sparkle ;)

Anonymous said...

I don't appreciate the fact I was not invited to this meal at your home :( ouch.

Love,
Maddie

keysha said...

Your nieces are beautiful girls!!! (But so are you Krista!!)

Em said...

Ally is so great! I just love her! And at least you were "hip" at one time! All I have ever been is "HIPPY!"

Natalie said...

I don't know Krista I think you are pretty HIP! Especially letting them come home for pancake lunch! If my Mom had ever done that I would have thought she was the coolest parent ever.