Background

Friday, February 18, 2011

Moments...

I woke up this morning with
one hum-dingier of a blog post in my head. 
I even ventured out of the house to take a picture for it.


But on my way home something happened that
changed the day.


I'd prayed this morning to
be open to
inspiration.
I always pray for that.
Often I am able to
recognize it when it happens.
However, it doesn't
always come
with unquestionable clarity,
leaving me unable to deny
from whom it came. 

But the times it has...
I remember well.





...like the moments
on my knees
hoping, then asking
if I should marry
The Lifeguard.




...or the moments
on my knees
pleading, no begging
for this baby boy
to come to earth.


...or the moments
on my knees
crying, no sobbing
because another baby boy
couldn't stay.


...or the moments
on my knees
telling, no demanding
that this boy wasn't
going to Iowa.




...or the moments
on my knees
asking if I could  really
fulfill my YW calling.




... or the moments on my knees
thanking Him for all of thee above.




I cannot deny that, in
those moments the Lord...
knew my name...
knew my life...
and it mattered to Him.



I felt that way this morning.
I know I can feel it most mornings
If I really listen.

Are YOU listening?



***On A Sidenote:
Some of the above mentioned experience have been
told in greater detail on previous posts. 

To read about "Another Baby Boy" CLICK HERE.
To read about "This Boy" CLICK HERE.
To learn what I believe CLICK HERE.


2 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

You inspire ME to be a better daughter of God. I love you Krista!

Julynn Tanaka said...

I just love reading your blog. It builds me up and just makes my day better. Thanks for sharing!
Julynn