Background

Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Bane of my Existence!



So, Hummer's
room is finally done...
well partially, but
all that matters is that
"The Main BANE" is OVER! 

Confused? CLICK HERE.



How did the BANE begin, you ask?
It all began with ... A FENCE!


Ty has a fence in his room.
Pretty cool.
Pretty unusual.

Well, Dill thought so too
and also desired a fence.

So being as Ty doesn't live here
anymore
I called him
and requested the fence.
He said "I don't care". 
It was in that moment
I realized
I CARE!
The removal of the fence
would surely signify
the removal of the past.


No... No... Nothing is removing the past!


So, I thought...
well this home has housed
two boys,
it can easily house
two fences.




But as I proceeded
I realized ...
the fence wasn't
"Dillon".
Dillon loves baseball
but it's not his
 TRUE LOVE.

Dill, I can see you
wildly shaking your head.
Hear me out, Son ... hear me out.
You'll agree. Read on.



Dillon's true love is
Grantsville High School

You would know this
if you'd seen him on
Homecoming...
crying.
sobbing.
weeping and wailing.
gnashing of teeth.

In between his
gasps for air
I asked
"What is wrong?"

Then I heard these words:
  • There are only 3 Homecomings left!
  • It's not enough!
  • I love GHS!
  • I love it more than anything!
I could relate.
I'd sobbed back in 1988.

So then  cried with him.
But not only me...
His tears brought sobs
to many at GHS!


It was then I realized Hummer's
biggest dream has always been to live
the moments he is living right now!

So my point... 
Hummer's room would house NO fence.
Hummer's room would only house Hummer's true love.




Looking over
the FIELDS
where his dreams live. 



Holding the
elusive "G"
he's wanted all his life.



Proudly wearing
the name
he loves over his heart.





This is Dillon's True LOVE!

10 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie Marie said...

gasp! love it! love both rooms! wish you would do mine :)

Unknown said...

WOW that is awesome! Great job what an incredible Mom you are!

Jo said...

Like it, like it, like it!!!!

Carolynn said...

turned out amazing! Wondering what hung the pictures? Command or no command???

Lacey Sue said...

Amen to what Dani said!!!! You are one amazing mom...now get over here and do my kids rooms ;)!

Em said...

I love it!

Andrew and Hillary Hawker said...

Krista that is an epic room! Especially for such a special guy as Dillon! Have I mentioned that I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog posts?
Love ya

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

You are so talented!!! Love both rooms. Love your way of telling a story too. Don't ever stop, you have such a way of sharing the most important things in your life in a very spiritual way.

Thanks for letting me eavesdrop in your life. Thank you my friend.

Anonymous said...

From Facebook...

Carla Wickham:
Krista, this blog amazed me because of your computer talents in creating it, your writing skills (you could/should write books, children's, etc.) but more importantly your stories always evoke an emotion. I loved reading this and it brought tears to my eyes...... I cryed. Please keep writing.