Background

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Someone call 911

I thought I was going to have to take Jeff to the
emergency room...
while Grandma Johns was screaming...
and Grandpa Hutch was crying...
and all of us were celebrating...
because we were feeling...


One may be curious
how you follow
a baseball game
1300 miles away.
You stare at this...

There's no video.
A scorekeeper is typing.
A man is announcing.
It's INTENSE!!

Especially when...
 the team is down,
the bases are loaded,
there are two outs, 
and HUTCHINS
is up to bat.


Especially after HUTCHINS hits a...
DOUBLE

Imagine if you can...
SCREAMING and CRYING
JUMPING and HIGH FIVES
all at the same time!

We knew The Small Town was doing the same thing
as the "celebrating" text messages started rolling in!


Even Tyson's
BIGGEST FAN
was spell bound.

You know the one, for whom
"goodbye"
was the hardest!




"One of the
better days of my life."
-Tyson Hutchins





On a Sidenote...
How do both teams end up with
a kid named Adam Wojciechowski?
(Seriously, how?)

9 comments:

Taylor said...

Way to to Tyson!!

Anonymous said...

What a game Tyson!!!!! You had me absolutely going crazy. I felt as those I was watching baseball in a strange way but I loved it and so did grandpa. You made us so proud, as you have so many other times. You played an awesome game!!! Way to go! You showed them what small town boys are made of. Can't wait for the next one.
A happy fan, Grandma Johns

Unknown said...

On your sidenote that is hysterical!!!! Congrats to Tyson great game

Lacey Sue said...

AWESOME!!!!!!

Jo said...

Wow what a game and Ty did awesome!!
He represented well!! So proud of him!

Anonymous said...

From Facebook...

Hillary Hawker:
Congrats on the game and hittin that double Ty!! Me and baby Landon were following right along with my dad and J yesterday, that was AWESOME!! Love ya cuz!!

Ben Tripp
hey that a kid man!!

Alexandra Johnson:
STOP MAKING ME CRY!!!
Tear...
I ♥ You

Jean Palmer:
Not like I needed one more "sports" thing, as your Uncle Dean calls it..........but I have it! I'm hooked! Go Tyson.........purple is not bad!

Carolynn Montgomery Hale:
So proud of Tyson!!! Awesome!

Jacob Butler:
I hope this "YES" is accompanied by a fist pump. If not, try it. It feels good.

Cory Landon:
Are they selling Hutchins Jerseys yet I need one to wear on game days.

Christine Johnson Clark:
I heard your boy had a great game!!!!!!!!!! That's exciting ;p

Brenae said...

I think I'm a fan. After reading your moms blog and knowing having your dad works with my husband and having a son who I hope plays half the game of baseball as you do I am hooked. Nice Game!

Anonymous said...

Mike Cafarelli:

Chasing his dreams....I think it/he makes us all feel like we all have dreams in our lives that we can still chase and accomplish!

Natalie said...

That's Awesome!