Background

Friday, February 25, 2011

You can't afford me.


I would feel
all powerful
if I said...
But, that wouldn't be very nice
and it would be a lie because in reality,
"afford" has nothing to do with life.
It's all about the hunt for the biggest and best ...

I've been called lots of
names in my day.
CHEAP
FRUGAL
THRIFTY
RIDCULOUS


But, at the end of the day,
I really prefer to be called...
However, this name
ONLY gets thrown out
by the person who got the
$100 Christmas gift
for the $20 limit!

I like those days.


Most other days I just get called
one of those other names ... Yup, I'm picked on.
Even my own mother has often told me to ... 
Today I was thinking maybe "getting real" wasn't a bad idea.

I found myself in
Tooele searching for
clearance
cupcake wrappers.
You know...
 the CUTE ones!
The quest cost me
3 hours,
 wind blown hair
and all I came home with was
$.25 napkins and  $.50 candy
but both were 75% off!



The Lifeguard mostly LOVES
my frugal practices but
when I have days like today,
he doesn't like it so much.


When he hears today's story,
he will say... 
Honey,
did you really
save any money
after you
figure in the gas?


Maybe not, but most days the gas matters not.
Like the day I found $400 bats for the boys.
Yeah, no one was asking about gas that day!

I won't tell you what
I paid.

No need for you
to faint
at your computer.


Now... don't let the Lifeguard fool you.
He's no stranger to a good deal.
Well more accurately ... he WON'T be ripped off!

There's a story behind this log
and it's just a warning...
the Lifeguard's capable 
of filling fireplaces full of soot
if you cross him!


So say what you want about me.
Call me names if you must.
I will NEVER change who I am!
And seriously, is there anyone who doesn't love a great ...
SERIOUSLY?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH OH OH! I am sooooooo much this way! You are right you get the "nice" way of saying it when Christmas comes along when everybody is spending thousands and you are spending hundreds. LOVE IT! Hooray for Savvy Shoppers!

Em said...

I love the way you shop!!! I have learned a lot from you! I still have more to learn but shopping with you is great! Don't ever change!