Background

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

LOL! LOL! LOL!


Jeff and I may or may not have
fallen out of bed last night
and
our neighbors may or may not have
called the police for disturbance of the peace.
I cannot confirm one way or the other!


We were laughing so hard!! 
To be honest, I'm not sure it was all that funny
or if it was just the time of night.
You decide...



It all began on
a Facebook chat
with this kid...
from this location...


We talked about
this place
he won't call "home"
even though he lives there.


I expressed concern
over this Coach..
making sure the boy
won't be cold
and the boy laughed at me.


Then the boy expressed
concern over
purple belts
and we laughed at him.

Then he expressed
even more concern over
purple socks
and the laughter was suddenly
out of control.



Then there was
explicit, deep concern over
purple hats
that was when we almost
fell off the bed.

WHAT?
You don't get it?
You don't understand?
Maybe you had to be there?
Maybe.

Or maybe you're just happy
three of the most
high strung
people on the planet
were laughing their
heads off.
Yeah ... let's go with that!


Okay, so then we talked about
Soccer...
Jimmer...
and boots that fit.



I warned him about
losers...
delinquents...
and stupidity.



And by the time our chat was over and done
the boy exclaimed ...
"My mother is BRILLIANT !!!"
Awe... 
Finally...
He has seen ...
the light!
Follow the light, Son. 
Follow the light!

5 comments:

JeaniePalmer said...

Really...........purple isn't bad! Or at least, it never was when I was wearing it, (although that was a hundred years ago) when, by the way, I wouldn't wear red!

Things change!

And it's not Tooele Purple hes wearing, it belongs to Iowa!

Jo said...

Tell Ty that I love the color purple so it flys with me.

Kimberli said...

Hi Krista. Your posts always make me smile. :) Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

From Facebook...

Kallie Webster Kelley:
Your blogs are the best!! You are a great! Thanks for the smiles :)

Anonymous said...

From Facebook...

Luana Russell Hutchins:
What's he doing in "Purple". Bobbie won't let Dick wear purple. Ha Ha